Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Now, What Did We Learn?


This completes blog #30 in 30 days.

So...did I have a massive creative breakthrough? Did something within me change? Did I accomplish what I set out to do?

Whatever, dick.

I learned I can write about pretty much anything if I have to. I think I opened up more about what goes on in my head in the middle of the night. Doing this every night confirmed that expressing my thoughts, even in "blog" form, is healthy for me.

I learned that I do this for me...I don't have to post every single thing I write on my Facebook or Twitter account (you're welcome). If I've learned anything from the damn Internet and entertainment in general, it's that it is about the art you create, not the quantity of views, likes, shares or retweets.

I was reminded that caffeine is not inspiration. It just makes you urinate more and have stress-related dreams.

I discovered I write better when listening to either Radiohead or Trent Reznor w/ Atticus Ross.

I also learned that you should start with a longer guard size when using hair clippers for the first time.

Close shave.
If I consider all this...even the hair thing...then I have to keep doing this. I think writing here is part of this new life that I'm starting...it's a new pattern, and for junkies and alcoholics like me, healthy new patterns and habits are a very good thing.

So, keep coming back. I'll be here.