Monday, April 15, 2013

No, I Don't Know What You're Saying.

In addition to alcoholics and drug addicts at the Travis County treatment program, there were also these "kids" (17-20 years old) who were avoiding doing time. One of them was in my group. Despite using the phrase "know what I'm sayin'" as a comma and thinking he was a hardcore gangster, he was an okay kid. Decent person for a half-assed dealer and a horrible criminal.
When introducing ourselves to new members in the group, we had to state our name, what got us here and our DOC (drug of choice). This guy would say the same thing every time, and the following is a fictional exchange...what would have happened if the state of my probation was not at stake at the time.

Him: My name is XXXX...I'm here for 2 possessions of a controlled substance and then I pissed dirty, you know what I'm sayin'? My DOC is promethazine...with codeine.

Me: Um...I think you mean your DOC is codeine. Promethazine is an antihistamine and an antiemetic.

Him: Huh?

Me: It keeps you from puking so that you can consume the codeine. The codeine is what fucks you up.

Him: ...

Me: Just say "Drank", you cough-syrup chugging pussy.