Tuesday, April 30, 2013

30 in 30

In the 12-step world, they recommend newcomers go to 30 meetings in 30 days. Some say 90 in 90. I think some just like to top other people in everything they do. Regardless, the idea is to get that newly sober person into rooms with other recovering addicts/alcoholics every day...get them around sobriety and the program on a daily basis.

Well, I'm going to steal that idea. Starting tonight/this morning, I will post 30 blogs in 30 days. I need to write on a daily basis, and if I scribble in a journal that no one will look at, I'm going to half-ass it. If I publicly say, "Hey, I'm gonna blah blah", then I will be more motivated to blah blah.

I find myself saying regularly, I need to write more. I then respond to this by not writing. Sometimes it's because I don't feel inspired, but I think I miss opportunities to put ideas to words frequently because I do not write habitually. Fuck...that...noise.

I'm in the process of a major life change, so let's work on shit.

Oh, and this post doesn't count. I think announcing that I'm going to do "something" shouldn't really be included in said "something".


(#1 is here - http://johnrabon.blogspot.com/2013/04/its-not-always-about-mei-hear.html )